White mesh shoes are stylish and comfortable footwear that many people love to wear. However, keeping them clean can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to white mesh shoes that are prone to dirt and stains.
But fret not, in this article, we’ll be providing you with a comprehensive guide on how to clean white mesh shoes effectively. From materials needed to step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to get your white mesh shoes looking brand new again in no time.
Before we dive into the cleaning process, let’s first gather the materials needed.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- Soft-bristled brush
- Mild detergent or sneaker cleaner
- Microfiber cloth
- Old toothbrush
- Baking soda
Before cleaning your white mesh shoes, there are a few steps you can take to make the cleaning process easier and more effective. These steps include:
- Remove the shoelaces and wash them separately.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any loose dirt and debris from the shoes.
- Use an old toothbrush to remove any dirt or stains from the soles and rubber areas of the shoes.
Cleaning White Mesh Shoes:
Now that we have all the materials needed and have done the pre-cleaning steps let’s move on to the actual cleaning process.
Here’s how to clean white mesh shoes:
- Mix a mild detergent or sneaker cleaner with warm water in a bowl.
- Dip the soft-bristled brush into the solution and gently scrub the mesh areas of the shoes.
- Use a microfiber cloth dipped in the cleaning solution to clean the rubber and sole areas of the shoes.
- For stubborn stains, use a paste made from baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before gently scrubbing with a soft-bristled brush.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water to remove any remaining cleaning solution or baking soda paste.
Drying White Mesh Shoes:
After cleaning your white mesh shoes, it’s essential to dry them properly to prevent damage.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Use a clean towel to gently remove any excess water from the shoes.
- Stuff the shoes with newspaper or paper towels to help them maintain their shape and absorb any excess moisture.
- Place the shoes in a well-ventilated area and let them air dry naturally. Avoid using a heat source like a hairdryer as this can damage the shoes.
To keep your white mesh shoes looking clean and fresh for longer, there are a few post-cleaning care tips you can follow:
- Apply a waterproof spray to protect your shoes from future stains and dirt.
- Store your shoes in a cool and dry place to prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Clean your white mesh shoes regularly to maintain their pristine appearance.
White mesh shoes are a fashionable and comfortable footwear choice, but they can be challenging to keep clean. However, with the right materials and techniques, you can easily clean your white mesh shoes at home. Remember to take the necessary pre-cleaning steps, use a mild detergent or sneaker cleaner, and air dry your shoes to prevent damage. With these tips, you’ll be able to keep your white mesh shoes looking brand new for longer. So go ahead and give your shoes the TLC they deserve, and enjoy stepping out in style!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put my white mesh shoes in the washing machine?
While it’s not recommended, you can put your white mesh shoes in the washing machine if they’re extremely dirty. However, make sure to use a gentle cycle and a mild detergent.
Can I use bleach to clean my white mesh shoes?
No, you should avoid using bleach on your white mesh shoes as it can damage the material and cause discoloration.
How often should I clean my white mesh shoes?
It’s recommended to clean your white mesh shoes every 2-3 weeks or as needed depending on how often you wear them.